Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.
For five years, Children’s Services has participated in the Chicago Wolves Read to Succeed Program as our winter reading club. This year between January 4 and March 2 children through grade 5 chose to read either 25 books or for 6 hours and 15 minutes (for readers of longer books) in order to qualify for a drawing for team-related prizes such as t-shirts, pennants, and book bags. Children who joined the club in January were eligible for an end-of-month drawing for game vouchers, also supplied by the hockey team. Thirteen winners enthusiastically received two vouchers per family. A total of 369 children joined the club, with 145 finishing by the March 2 deadline. Seventy-one prizes were awarded at the conclusion of the reading club.