The Chicago Tribune recently had an article on Three Oaks, Michigan, the setting for the new Blue Balliett book The Danger Box which is available September 1st. In the story a visually impaired 12-year-old boy named Zoomy lives with his grandparents and comes into possession of a mysterious diary. Much of the story takes place in the Three Oaks library. The author dedicated the book to “To the children of Three Oaks” and calls the town “a magical place”. Blue Balliett is also the author of “Chasing Vermeer,” “The Wright 3” and “The Calder Game”. Check out the whole article at the link below. Read the book and then you may want to visit this wonderful town. -Miss Chris
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.