Hello Kitty and her friends have been characters that continue to fascinate children of all ages for many decades. Sanrio, the company that came up with the concept, is celebrating its 50th anniversary. Since 1974, Hello Kitty’s image has decorated everything from coin purses, school supplies, musical instruments, checks and debit cards, and even a jet plane:
Did you know that Hello Kitty’s true name is Kitty White? Here is more of her personal information:
- Birthday: November 1, 1974
- Blood type: A
- Place of birth: Sanrio, Japan
- Height: That of five apples
- Weight: That of three apples
- Good at: Baking cookies
- Favorite food: Apple pie made by Mama (mum)
- Favorite word: “Friendship”
- Collects: Small cute things like sweets, stars, goldfish etc.
- Best school subjects: English, music and visual arts
- Description: A bright and kind-hearted girl, good at baking cookies and loves Mama’s apple pie. Very close to her twin sister Mimmy.
If you are a Hello Kitty fan, stop at the library and ask us about books and movies with her or you can play a game on the computer.
At home, you can try to make her picture out of white, red and pink jelly beans. Glue your favorite coloring page on a piece of cardboard. Then fill it in with colored jelly beans that you glue on the paper. Punch a hole in the cardboard and run a ribbon through it if you want to hang your picture on the wall.