Hello and Happy Holidays! To celebrate this holiday season I wanted to share a family tradition with you. Every Christmas my family bakes cookies. We make about 11 different kinds of cookies for our friends and family.
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite cookies:
Mrs. Ashley’s Favorite Christmas Cookies: Chocolate Squares
- Mix softened butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pat into a greased pan (13 x 9 x 2 inch).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove the cookie from the oven.
- While still hot, melt the chocolate squares on the top of the cookie, and then spread walnuts on top of the melted chocolate.
- Place the cookie in the refrigerator to cool and then cut them into squares.
A few tips:
I like to use 2 Hersey chocolate bars because I LOVE chocolate. After the squares are cut they need to stay refrigerated.
I hope you enjoy these cookies! If you would like some ideas for Christmas cookies, here are a few great books to check out:
A Christmas Cookbook: Simple Recipes for Kids by Sarah L. Schuette
J 641.568 SCH
The Pillsbury Family Christmas Cookbook by Pillsbury Company
J 641.568 PIL
Super Simple Holiday Treats: Easy No-Bake Recipes for Kids by Nancy Tuminelly
J 641.568 TUM