What fate awaits a thousand-year-old white snake that travels from its sacred mountain to the human world, only to fall in love with a mortal? Such is the unusual beginning of this tragic love story, one of the most popular in all of Chinese opera. Lady White’s selfless devotion to her earthly husband is considered by the temple priest an abomination. In a spectacular struggle to stay with her husband, our heroine prevails in the end. However, time is sadly not on her side. Text in English and Traditional Chinese. – (Pan Asian Pubns)
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.