I remember watching Sesame Street and seeing the sketch “One of these things is not like the other,” and thinking to myself that I am not like any other. I think everyone has a time in their lives when they wonder if they fit in. The newest book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld is a reminder that it is Okay to be different. It is a story about an exclamation mark that appears to be self-conscious because of his differences, until the day he meets question mark. What happens next is extraordinary. This book will be enjoyed by anyone who is feeling a little out-of-place, or different. It would also make a great graduation gift. In fact, after reading this, I immediately bought a copy and mailed it to my daughter in college, who is having some of those same feelings right now, herself. -Kathy B.
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.