This month we are presenting two new apps to learn Spanish for young children. The Learn Spanish Words app series is designed with young children in mind but it can be used by older kids and adults as well. The app offers a choice of flashcards and kids have to choose the right word from 2-4 options. The fact that each word on a flashcard is pronounced twice reinforces learning. The goal of the game is to score 3 stars at the end of each session. The categories include the following basic topics: animals, numbers, colors, body parts, shapes, household, fruits, meal time, weather, ocean, and clothing. The second game expands the vocabulary to other categories like school, outdoors, tools, transportation, vegetables, positions, movement, music, shapes, and sports. Reading skills are not necessary to play this app, instead real life pictures are given as clues.
This is a fun app that will give children a basic vocabulary and enable them to start speaking Spanish at a young age. Check out a Nook from the Children’s Services Department desk and try them!
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.