April is Jazz Appreciation Month, and this book is an inspiring introduction to a bit of jazz history. Hey, Charleston! follows the story of Reverend Daniel Joseph Jenkins and the early twentieth century orphans he cared for, who started with nothing and developed their talents until they played for President Theodore Roosevelt and King George V.
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.