When I think of a hero, I think of someone who is admired for their good qualities. Recently I was able to see an author and person I admire speak. Her name is Temple Grandin, she is bright, talented and is an advocate for autism, as she is on the autism spectrum. She has earned her PH D. in animal science and is a speaker on autism awareness all over the country. She has written many books on animal science and autism, truly a remarkable person. When I went to hear her speak I purchased her book and she signed it for me. I felt overwhelmed as I truly had met one of my heroes.
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.