So, you want to check out music but you don’t actually own anything that plays CDs anymore.
Or maybe you want to borrow some videos but you’d rather not deal with scratches or mysterious sticky spots.
Or you want to check out a Rick Riordan book and some comics but they’re not on the shelf.
Or you want a title as an audiobook but you don’t see it available in that format.
Don’t go away– we have a new service, and it’s free with your library card!
Step 1: Go to the Digital Collection page at http://www.fountaindale.org/ebooks and look for the word hoopla
Step 2: Click “GET STARTED”
Step 3: Type in your email and create a password
Step 4: Choose Fountaindale from the list of libraries
Step 5: Enter your library card number and PIN
If you want to see just the children’s items, go to SETTINGS and turn on Kids Mode.
Click BROWSE and you can see a list of audiobooks, movies, music, comics, ebooks, and TV shows.
What are some of the items you can check out?
- Browsing through music, you will see some of our most requested items, like Kidz Bop and Disney collections.
- The audiobook collection includes picture books featuring the popular Pete the Cat, beginning readers, Minecraft titles, and chapter books ranging from Beverly Cleary to Neil Gaiman.
- Comics has old favorites like Archie and Garfield and new favorites like Big Nate and My Little Pony.
- Movies has kid favorites like The Land Before Time movies, old favorites like The Muppet Movie, adaptations of picture books like The Gruffalo and Mo Willem’s pigeon stories, and some new and popular options like Equestria Girls.
- Television includes popular PBS Kids shows like Arthur and Super Why, and educational programs like Bill Nye the Science Guy and language learning Dino Lingo.
- Ebooks include the previously mentioned Percy Jackson, BOB Books, Star Wars, and Disney titles.
Hoopla adds new content every week!
You can check out 6 titles a month. Have more questions about how it works? Visit https://www.hoopladigital.com/help for a list of FAQs and answers.