What would you do in a world without Wikipedia? The Chicago Tribune has suggested some other information websites to use while Wikipedia goes dark today. But if you’re in need of good online information, you can also use the library databases. We will be offering a class for tweens (students in grades 4 to 8) on Monday from 2:00-3:00 while the Valley View schools are closed. Sign up and learn how you can get a lot of good information for your homework for free! (If you really feel the need for Wikipedia today, there are ways to work around the blackout.)
Fountaindale Public Library Comment Policy
Posts containing the following are against library rules and will be deleted before posting or removed by library staff:
• Posts containing personal attacks, insults, profanity, obscenity, threatening language, or harassment;
• Posts that discriminate against specific individuals or groups on the basis of race, religion, national origin, or any other unlawful reason;
• Spam and commercial posts;
• Content that violates a copyright, trademark, or any other law;
• Private and/or personal information about an individual, group, or entity published without consent of that individual, group, or entity;
• Comments that are irrelevant to the original topic, and
• Content in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures.
By choosing to comment you agree to these rules.